A new blog for the Institute for Women's Health Research Launched today! Check it out here.
Established in November of 2007, the Institute for Women’s Health Research was created at Northwestern University to help accelerate basic science and clinical research that will advance our knowledge of women’s health. Their mission is to increase the women’s health research portfolio at Northwestern University and their clinical affiliates; they focus on 5 ambitious goals to accomplish this mission:
- To foster research that explores the sex and gender determinants of health and disease with an emphasis on women
- To encourage interdisciplinary research, diversity inclusiveness and a comprehensive approach to women’s health research
- To prepare researchers, scientists and clinicians who understand the sex and gender determinants of health and disease; develop leadership among women and girls interested in science
- To accelerate the translation of basic science research into clinical practice
- To become the authoritative resource for the community on women’s health issues and provide opportunities for the community to engage in the advancement of women’s health