The Cancer Fertility Preservation Program at UT Health Austin (UTHA) is the first comprehensive fertility preservation service in Central Texas. As a program, we recognize that future fertility can be of the utmost importance to patients diagnosed with cancer and their loved ones and look forward to helping with this. As the treatments for cancer become more advanced and continue to improve, more survivors are becoming interested in starting families of their own. Our care team offers education on the variety of fertility preservation services available to you and your family. At UTHA, we will:
• Provide information that explains how your fertility can be affected by cancer and cancer treatments
• Help you to think about planning your family before, during and after treatment
• Educate you on fertility preservation options
• Navigate you through the fertility preservation process so that you have support at every step along the way.
Our team will also continue to evaluate and monitor fertility post treatment. We are also available to discuss options with patients who did not receive an
evaluation pretreatment and are still interested in fertility preservation options available. We will look at each case individually and encourage discussing any personal treatment preferences you might have, including religious beliefs, cultural beliefs, emotional effects, prognosis, odds of success with future fertility and genetic risks.
- Donor Sperm, Egg (Oocyte) Banking, Egg Donation, Embryo Banking, Emergency IVF, Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), Sperm banking, Testicular Sperm Extraction
- Not sex-specific