Connecting clinicians and researchers is paramount to the success of translational research within the Oncofertility Consortium. In order to facilitate the translation from bench to bedside to babies, the Oncofertility Consortium created the National Physicians Cooperative (NPC). The NPC is a nationwide network of centers dedicated to preserving the fertility of their patients. Patients with cancer and other serious diseases whose progression or treatment is likely to impair fertility can receive access to the most up to date treatments and clinical research at NPC member sites.
To protect and preserve reproductive health through the continuum of care and across the lifespan of patients
The National Physicians Cooperative will investigate ways to mitigate the effects of any disease or treatment on ovarian and testicular function and develop physician-guided tools that will facilitate communication and translation between basic research and clinical practice
Benefits of joining the National Physicians Cooperative include:
- Access to a national referral network for patients seeking fertility preservation
- Information on how to establish a multidisciplinary fertility preservation program
- Training in best practices, including technology updates and practice management
- Templates and assistance for obtaining IRB approval for participation in NPC research studies
- Access to materials and tools as needed to support clinical studies
To learn more about the National Physicians Cooperative or become a member, contact Brigid Smith at email@example.com.