tsk176

Two high school graduates from the Young Women's Leadership Charter School will be able to do hands-on research on Oncofertility this summer, thanks to President Obama's stimulus money, the Chicago Tribune reported today.

The stimulus money is coming from the National Cancer Institute and will enable Ashley McKinney and Megan Romero to take part in the paid internship here in Teresa Woodruff's lab at Northwestern University.

Melissa Resh, a teacher at the school, will also be doing research at the lab with money from the same stimulus package.

To read the story from the Chicago Tribune, click here: Stimulus cash aids Northwestern mentoring program.

Ashley McKinney

I am very grateful for this wonderful opportunity. I want to thank everyone for allowing me to partake in this internship to help make a change for the future. I am really excited to start and cant wait to experience this internship. Thank you all again...

Ashley McKinney

Melissa Resh

I'm so excited to participate in this program this summer. As a science teacher I continuously strive to incorporate real-world science into my curriculum. The opportunity to do research in Dr. Woodruff's lab will both improve my own content knowledge/lab skills, and will give me the opportunity to affect my students' learning in science.

Northwestern St...

[...] University NewsCenter picked up the story we mentioned in the blog at the beginning of June called Obama gives money for Oncofertility research. They quote Dr. Kemi Jona who is the director of the Office of Science, Technology, Engineering and [...]

Lisa Baade

Just another example of the positive changes that are becoming the norm..well done and best of luck.

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.